An Easy Gluten Free Vegan Pasta Bake
We partnered up with Seggiano Foods to bring this deliciously free-from pasta dish perfectly baked in our SAVEUR Selects enamelled Cast Iron 4.7L Casserole.
This pan's large capacity makes it perfect for feeding 6-8 people with a start-to-finish cooking time of 1hr.
It’s easy to prep for a weekend or weeknight dinner and you can find Seggiano’s premium ingredients HERE.
- 1 Medium cauliflower
- 1 Medium broccoli
- 1 Large courgette
- 100g spinach
- 1 x Bag Seggiano Green Pea Gluten Free Fusilli
- 1 x Jar Seggiano Raw Basil Pesto
- 150g Vegan cream cheese
- 100g Panko breadcrumbs
- 100g Grated vegan cheddar
1) Preheat your oven to 190°C and begin cutting the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets.
2) Grate up the courgette, and shred your spinach, we have the perfect bowl set for collecting your ready-to-cook ingredients and help organise your meal prep.
3) Add boiling water to your large heavy-based oven-proof pan and soften the cauliflower for 2 minutes.
4) Next in the pan goes the broccoli, continue cooking both the broccoli and cauliflower for an extra 2 minutes.
5) After this, the pasta joins the vegetables. Allow it all to cook for a further 2 minutes.
6) Carefully pour away the liquid using oven gloves and drain thoroughly, leaving the cauliflower, broccoli and pasta to steam dry.
If you’ve used a colander, return the contents to the pan. One of the great features of cast iron dutch ovens is that they will retain lots of heat ready for you to continue with the next part of this recipe.
7) Gently mix through the courgette, spinach, vegan cream cheese and Seggiano basil pesto.
8) In a separate bowl toss the panko breadcrumbs with 2 tbsp of olive oil. TOP TIP: Use the excess oil on top of the jar of pesto for extra flavour!
9) Throw into the bowl your grated (vegan) cheese and a pinch of salt to season the breadcrumbs.
10) Sprinkle this tasty breadcrumb mix over the top of the pasta and bake for 30 mins in your preheated oven. When ready serve immediately.
...Should there happen to be any leftovers, portion into containers and freeze until next time.
Find all of our SAVEUR Selects cookware HERE, including various sizes of the enamelled cast iron dutch ovens featuring their unique insulating double-walled lids.