- Numerous precision drilled pores increase heat circulation.
- Maximise vitamins and minerals in your food.
- Featuring 2.5cm tall legs that keep food above boiling water.
- Rounded feet sit smoothly inside your pots and pans
- Dishwasher safe, dry before storing to keep pristine.
- Removable central column can be unscrewed to steam larger items.
- Adjustable basket fits into different cookware.
- Compatible with most 19cm+ pan sizes.
- Folds down for compact and easy storage.
- High-quality food-safe mirror finished stainless steel.
- Wash with hot water before use.
- Product Code: TB0161.
- Fully extended dia. 28 cm x H 10 cm.
Major material(s): 18/10 stainless steel.
This stainless steel vegetable steamer is perfect for steaming vegetables to retain as much as 90% of your food's nutrients whilst preventing vegetables from going soggy.
When steaming there’s no need to add oil to the cooking process, helping reduce your daily calorie intake. Steaming meat helps to reduce fat content, creating a tasty and much healthier result.
We recommend steaming seafood, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus and using it as a colander to wash vegetables in before use.
To turn your stainless steel saucepans or casserole pots into a steamer simply pour a little water into the pan or pot, place the steamer in the bottom of the pot or rest on top opening it out so it fits comfortably. Add in your vegetables of choice and turn on the heat.
When done hook a fork through the centre ring to lift it out of the pot.
The convenient collapsible design is easy to store and fold out to the right size for your pots.
- Keep the lid on your pots to save energy, and for speed start with kettle boiled water pouring in after the steamer and vegetables are in the pot.
- Always be careful when dealing with hot water and hot metal and never allow the pan to boil dry!
- Resuscitate hard sourdoughs by steaming for a few minutes, reducing waste and making a great base to an open-top sandwich.
- Try batch steaming vegetables and freezing, preparing for meals later in the week.
- Remove the central column to steam a Christmas pudding or larger ingredients.